Configuring your Base and Rover in FieldGenius for Android
Let's walk through setting up your Emlid Reach RS2 or RS3 as a base and rover to use with MicroSurvey FieldGenius for Android. MicroSurvey FGA is our most recommended software for use with Emlid Reach GNSS receivers. The base configurations will be done within the Emlid Flow mobile app; the standard version is free to download for iOS and Android.
Configuring the Base
- Using Emlid Flow, confirm that your Base is outputting over LoRa and take note of the frequency (or adjust as necessary).
- For repeatability start a New Project and collect a point with your receiver in one of three ways:
Configuring the Rover
- Using Emlid Flow, set your correction input to LoRa radio on your Rover making sure the frequency matches your base’s output frequency. Confirm that your Bluetooth Discoverability setting is ON and confirm that one of your Position Streams is set to Bluetooth.
- Launch FieldGenius and open a Project. Tap Select Instrument then Add Profile. Select your Make and Model, give the Profile a unique name, then tap Create.
- Set Up Communication and search for your Bluetooth device. Select your Rover and connect.
- Set Up Corrections and then select No RTK.
- Set Up Antenna Height and input your pole height. The additional antenna offset will be added automatically.
- Set Up Active Tolerance based on your job requirements. Adjust the presets if necessary.
- Select whether the RS3 will be using Tilt Correction. The Rover is now configured.
After this setup, the RS3 will now function in FieldGenius the same way it does in Emlid Flow. The deviations, PDOP, and tilt compensation status are listed in the top status bar. Once you are receiving corrections and you have your fix, you can begin your workflow.